Wherever You Go, Go With All Your Heart

Wherever You Go, Go With All Your Heart

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Love is a Battlefield



"So now, all alone or not, you gotta walk ahead. Thing to remember is if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too." -P.S. I Love You.



Its such a difficult task in life to get to know who you are, like, really know who you are. Only a handful of people ever get to be content with just living and breathing. But, the Bible boldly states "man is not made to be alone" and those words are burned in my conscious like no other words.

I thought that love would be an easy feat, since I always thought that love was the funny feelings I felt around a certain girl. Throughout the years though, I started seeing that girls were becoming less interested in matters of the heart and that matter became short for material. By the time I made it to high school, girls were so jaded and hurt or just outright innocent that it made it almost impossible to understand a girl, better yet to fight for one.

Now 22, my life is a boiling pot when it comes to the L-word. I have to put up an armor of patience, a mind of maturity, a breastplate of hope, a belt of truth and loyalty, and some type of Goretex boots for those stepping on your shoes. Preparation is definitely key. Especially when you have to go through the other person's past, the other guys and their bullshit, family problems, and emotional mishaps. No matter what, never give up, never regret, never forget. Many times you lose when you try to protect yourself. You lose because no matter what you've gone through it's not the other person's fault that all those hideous and unwanted things happened to you. You lose out on love or on a necessary lesson when you levee your life.

Fight. Through the devils of your past, through the hurt and pain, the lessons and mistakes, fight. One of my favorite quotes came to me in a dream, but I never heard it before, "Wherever you go, go with all your heart". Don't worry too much about the hurt that might come, but the hurt of not going.

"Because that's what people do. They leap, and hope to God they can fly, because otherwise you just drop like a rock, wondering the whole way down, why in the hell did I jump? But here I am, Sarah, falling, and the only one that makes me feel like I can fly... is you." -Will Smith as Hitch

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love that quote from "Hitch". This was from the heart, Mike. You think A LOT, and deeply, and that's saying a lot coming from me, lol. I'm going to steal this, "Don't worry too much about the hurt that might come, but the hurt of not going."

    I am glad I am your 1st follower and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think about love, I always remember a certain group of verses in the Bible:

    Love is patient; love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease. Where there are tongues, they will be stilled, where there is knowledge, it will pass away..... 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

    I only hope that some day I will find my true love; the one that completes my life here on earth.

    ReplyDelete