Wherever You Go, Go With All Your Heart

Wherever You Go, Go With All Your Heart

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Lonely Stoner


"The pain is deep (what, what) A silent sleeper you won't hear a peep, peep (what, what) ... He's all alone some things will never change (yea) (never change)The lonely loner seems to free his mind (yea) at night (at, at, yea at night)" - Kid Cudi "Day n Nite"


There's just something about the night that makes it so much better than day. The freezing breaths of a world asleep. The trees receiving the so needed shade after 12 hours of scorching sun. I light my cigarette and I watch the night watch me. Everything is still, even the discarded items on the curb ask the wind permission to move. Alley cats take smoother strides not worried of their 2 legged coinhabitants and cars rarely make their appearance.


I love to take my time smoking a cig, no matter the weather around me. The smoke paints pictures, so easily overshadowed by the competitiveness of morning sunrays. My mind expands left and I wander in the vastness of it, unashamed of topics usually not discussed. Each one of my eyes constantly on the move in unison, picking up on the most subtle of movements. Sounds easily picked up, allowing my proverbial heart to pick up on sounds so low, that some doubt them even happening. Sounds becoming words allowing God to speak. Herbs build a bridge to reservoirs of thought and time does its job to resonate the secrets of the universe in and through the deepest parts of my soul.


Alone. All alone I stand. While everyone sleeps, I wake, and wander and wonder. The only time in my life that I can be me, unbiased. A gate to understanding and finding myself. Pride cannot stand in its presence and honesty is always at the tip of my tongue. The truth oozes out of me and the only lying I do, is my ass and back lying on the couch as I travel. My mother strutting as the proud Dominican that she is, proud with her head high, looks down on my mind's traveling pod and says, "y esos ojos mijo", which means, "why are your eyes like that". All I could answer is a smile of ecstasy.


Problems and disagreements, as well as doubt and disbelief in myself slowly fall to my feet and die. My body rests, my mind flies, unphased by the ugly of life. The future stretches out his hand and gives me my daily bread.


The lonely stoner frees his mind at night. Until the sun in all his jealousy tries to take all that I have fought for tonight. So my mind escapes in hiadeous, waiting anxiously until the slumbering of the Flaming Slavemaster for me to come alive and get out my dreams without fear. For now, I remain the Lonely Stoner.


Good nite.

1 comment:

  1. Great way to mix Kid Cuddi's lyrics with your own thoughts and words. I was listening to that song last night... I like it a lot... even though I find it so lonely.

    ReplyDelete